MGC Scholarship Program
For current and newly graduated students!
Watch this video to hear about a great opportunity to display your work and win up to $1000 towards expenses to attend the National HIMSS convention in 2016!
See full details below the video.
HIMSS Midwest Gateway Chapter Poster Presentation Details
- Eligible students must either be currently enrolled in or have graduated in 2015 from an accredited health information management or health informatics program.
- Eligible students must be a student member in good standing with HIMSS national and with the Midwest Gateway chapter of HIMSS.
- One student will be selected to receive up to $1000 as reimbursement for costs to attend the 2016 National HIMSS annual meeting. The award will be based on abstract submission as well as the poster itself. The final poster must be submitted to the Board no later than one week prior to the forum.
- All students who participate in the poster session will receive a certificate of participation.
- The requirements for an abstract for the poster presentation submission are:
- Poster Title
- Brief introduction describing the purpose of the study. The topic must support the mission, vision, and values of HIMSS.
- Statement of the methods used.
- Summary of results.
- Statement of the conclusion. Include implications for practice and/or future research.
- 3 learning objectives.
- Abstracts must be submitted to the Board no later than November 30, 2014. Students can submit their abstract to me at: email@example.com . Students whose abstracts have been accepted will be notified by December 12, 2015.
- The final poster should be 36” by 48”
- See rubric for details.